An amazing 2 days hike to famous Australian camp from Pokhara rewards you some of the best short trek experience with nature environment and a nice aerobic walk through forest and villages. Australian camp is some 38km from busy town of Pokhara offers mesmerizing mountain vista and spectacular panorama view from Australian camp. The mountain views of Mt. Annapurna I, Machhapuchhre, Hiuchuli, Annapurna South, Mt. Manaslu and many more. A short hike from Pokhara to Australian camp also offers a rich insight in to the lives, history, culture and religion together with the picturesque views.
Wilderness Excursion organizes a private hiking trips for our clients anytime throughout the year. This short trek also can be combined with Mardi Himal Trek, Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Ghandruk Trek and Poon Hill Trek in Annapurna depending on your choice and interest. We can combine this trip with sunrise view from Sarangkot. In that case we will have to get up before dawn and drive to Sarangkot to catch the sunrise and after a nice breakfast at Sarangkot and we further drive to Kande, from where at the elevation of 1700 meter; we start our trek to Australian camp then walk back to Pokhara through white sandal and rhododendron forests, terraced farmlands and villages next day.
What to bring?
- A small backpack of 25 L as per your need
- Water bottle (bottled water is available on the way)
- Camera /mobile for taking photos
- Toiletries, sun hat, sun cream, sun glass
- Walking poles if you have sore knees while going down.
- Some hiking clothes for 2 days hike
- Basic medicines, eg. Paracetamol, aspirin, ibuprofen etc as per your need
- Don’t forget prescribed medicines if you are taking any.
- Don’t forget liquid if you use eye lens.
- Rain gear if you trekking in rainy season.
- Some extra rupees for personal expenses.