Lower Dolpo Trek via Dhorpatan hunting reserve is one of the classic old trek that rewards the visitos with many mountains passes, jungle ravines and rural villages. Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve and Shey Phoksundo National Park lie in rain shadow of the Himalayas in the central North West of Nepal. These two remote areas hide vast wilderness rich in flora and fauna, sparsely populated and extremely beautiful, making for the best trekking in Nepal. Dhorpatan to Dolpo Trek Nepal route goes through high passes and very remote area of the country so we are rewarded with marvelous view of mountain and virgin Tibetan culture on the way. This attractive trek over many passes. Trekking from Beni to Dolpo is labeled as a difficult level of hike from the point of view of getting there. The main attraction of Dhorpatan to Dolpo region is the landscape, people, wilderness region and the famous Phoksumdo Lake. As this is Nepal's one of the most demanding trek and goes through Numala and Bagala pass and remote area of the country where we should make lot of ups and downs we therefore suggest to try only for used to trekkers.
Duration 19 Days / 18 Nights
Price from $2089 / person
Difficulty Level Strenuous
Max Altitude 5200m
Day 01: Kathmandu - Burtibang (1130m), 9/10 hours.
Drive to Burtibang from Kathmandu by 4 WD private jeep.
Day 02: Drive to Dhorpatan (2870m)
Day 03: Trek to Thankur (3175m)
Day 04: Trek to Pelma - Dhule
Day 05: Trek to Seng Khola (3820m)
Day 06: Trek to Purpangkhola (4020m)
Day 07: Tarakot (2430m)
Day 08: Trek to Laini (3140m)
Day 09: Trek to Toltol (3520m)
Day 10: Trek to Dho Tarap (4080m)
Day 11: Rest and acclimatization at Dho Tarap
Day 12: Trek to Numala Base Camp (4440m)
Day 13: Trek to Danigar (4691m) via Numala Pass (5200m)
Day 14: Trek to Yak Kharka (3800m) via Bagala Pass (5190m)
Day 15: Trek to Phoksundo Lake (3360m)
Day 16: Explore around Phoksundo Lake
Day 17: Trek to Chheckpa (2660m)
Day 18: Trek to Juphal
Day 19: Fly to Nepalgunj - Kathmandu
- Airport pick and drop by private car/van
- An experienced registered local guide and necessary porters.
- All meals: lunch breakfast, dinner, tea, coffee and fruits during the trip.
- All camping gear and kitchen utensils during the trek
- Juphal – Nepalgunj – Kathamndu flight and airport taxes.
- TIMS permit Trekking permit, Shey Phoksundo entrance permit.
- Office service charge, government taxes and vat etc
- Food, tented accommodation and salary of your guide and porters.
- Salary, insurance and trekking gear for your guide and porters.
- Transfers, accommodation and meals in Kathmandu
- All bar bills, beverages such as coke, fanta, mineral water
- Nepal visa, International flight, Toiletries and laundry service,
- Personal insurance, rescue operation charge in case of emergency.
- Gratitude and tips for guide and porters.