Rolwaling valley trek with Bigu Gompa is a section of the Himalayas in east-central Nepal along the Tibetan border. On this trek you totally leave the major tourist trail behind and lodges are limited and far between. We trek through beautiful lush forests with lots of birds which makes this section specially interesting for bird watchers. The villages, which have hardly seen any tourists, offer an interesting mix of Buddhist and Hindu cultures. The Himalayas are in view along this trek, especially lovely views of Gaurishankar (7135 m) and an additional 50 peaks over 6000 m. The easy access from Kathmandu is an extra advantage of this section.
Duration 13 Days / 12 Nights
Price from $789 / person
Difficulty Level Medium Hard
Max Altitude 4500 M
Day 01: Drive to Barabise trek to Karthali,
Drive to Barabise from Kathmandu, 5 hrs drive and trek to Karthali, 2 hrs.
Day 02: Trek to Dolangsa, 5 hrs trek.
Day 03: Trek to Bigu Gompa
Trek to Bigu Village via Tingsang La (3300 m) that take some 5-6 hours.
Day 04: Trek to Luduk
Day 05: Trek to Jagat
Day 06: Trek to Simi Gaun
Day 07: Trek to Dongkhang,
Day 08: Trek to Beding (3700m)
Day 09: Trek to Na Village (4200m)
Day 10: Hike to Yalung BC or excursion to Tso Rolpa Lake
Day 11: Trek to Dongang (2790m), 6 hours.
Day 12: Trek to Gongar Khola (1430m), 5.5 hours.
Day 13: Drive to Kathmandu
- Local shared transport as per itinerary
- All needed Bigu gompa rolwaling trekking entry permit.
- English speaking guide and support for baggage.
- Guide and porter fees and their insurance.
- All meals during the trekking.
- Home stay and lodge accommodation on twin shared basis
- Local taxes and service charges.
- Nepal visa and international flight,
- Transfers, accommodation and meals in Kathmandu
- Personal clothing and trekking gears for the trek
- Personal Travel insurance and guided sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Tips for guide and staff.
Wilderness Excursion (P) Ltd is a local tour operator so we guaranty small private groups departures any dates that suits your date and time.